Jamaican Jerk ChickenFrom reefbreak 5 years ago
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Dried thyme shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground sage shopping list
- 1 1.2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder or fresh shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 3/4 cup white vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup orange juice shopping list
- 1 lime juice shopping list
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper (habanero) shopping list
- 3 green onions -- finely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup Onion -- finely chopped shopping list
- 4 to 6 chicken breasts shopping list
How to make it
- Seed and finely chop Scotch Bonnet pepper.
- Trim chicken of fat. In a large bowl, combine the allspice, thyme, cayenne pepper, black pepper, sage, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, garlic powder and sugar.
- With a wire whisk, slowly add the olive oil, soy sauce, vinegar, orange juice, and lime juice.
- Add the Scotch Bonnet pepper, onion, and mix well.
- Add the chicken breasts, cover and marinate for at least 1 hour, longer if possible.
- Preheat an outdoor grill.
- Remove the breasts from the marinade and grill for 6 minutes on each side or until fully cooked. While grilling, baste with the marinade.
- Bring the leftover marinade to a boil and serve on the side for dipping.
- Notes: I've added chopped cilantro into this and have also substituted in jalepeno peppers if you can't find a scotch bonnet pepper and it still came out great.
People Who Like This Dish 24
The Cookreefbreak Nigran, ES
The Rating8 people
I love this recipe..great post!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Yeah baby. Thank you.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
This sound terrific... going to make it for a dinner party tonight. Thanks! you got my 5!theresal in Littleton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!