Stuffed JalapenosFrom magnoliasouth 7 years ago
- 2 lbs. jalapeno peppers, whole but stemmed and seeded (leave seeds in if you want hot spicy peppers) shopping list
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 4 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, grated shopping list
- 1/2 c. sour cream shopping list
- 1-2 lbs. of smoked, sliced bacon (not maple flavored) shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
- toothpicks for wrapping shopping list
- 1 ziploc bag for stuffing (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Using a good thin paring knife, remove the stems and seeds of the jalapeno peppers.
- Rinse them out and drain them well. If you want hot and spicy peppers, then you don't need to rinse them out.
- Mix together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and sour cream.
- Stuff each pepper with the cheese mixture. I put the mixture into a ziploc bag, squeeze out the air, and snip off a corner. I then squeeze the mixture into the peppers.
- Carefully wrap each pepper lengthwise (and tightly) to cover the opening left by removing the stem. If you don't cover the end well, the cheese will cook out of the peppers, rendering you with only a fried pepper... which is still really good, but not quite what we're going for. ;)
- Use toothpicks to secure the bacon and you can use as many as you need.
- Heat oil and fry peppers until bacon is crisp and brown. I use a deep fryer, but you can use a frying pan instead.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm.
- NOTE: They are VERY hot (temperature wise) on the inside when they come out, so you'll need to let them cool for awhile. It can be hidden because the outside seems cool enough, but the inside is scorching. Also, these are NOT spicy so long as you have removed all seeds and rinsed them well.
The Cookmagnoliasouth Mobile, AL
The Rating6 people
This has my name on it. Thank you Magnolia.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
MMMMMmmmmmmmmmm!!! This is getting my 5!!!vickycummins in Munster loved it
Got my 5 on this. You can use a slice of pepperoni to seal the end,with toothpicks. Thanks for the post....Bobrobertg in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!