Best Homemade Tarter SauceFrom divaliscious 5 years ago
- 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/2 cup mustard (I like to use half grainy dijon and half deli-styled) shopping list
- 1/2 cup "hamburger" relish (I use Heinze) shopping list
- 1 medium bermuda/spanish onion-minced shopping list
- juice and zest of 2 lemons shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- (Please note, if you are making it and will be keeping it for a few days - use the spanish onion since the bermuda onion may "bleed" a little pink.) shopping list
- (Also add some freshly minced parsley or dill to make it even more colorful) shopping list
How to make it
- Mince bermuda or spanish onion (bermuda onions look the prettiest - they are the purple ones) and place into bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Stir till combined.
- Add salt and pepper accordingly.
- Keep in sealed container for up to one month and serve anytime with your favorite fish dishes including my recipe for "Crab Cakes a la Leah"
- Ok off, I am to make the crab cakes, I'm starving!
The Cookdivaliscious Dutchess County, NY
The Rating5 people
This is how I make my tarter sauce and hubby absolutely LOVES it!!!!!!!!! Got a 5 from megingerlea in Tampa loved it
A great post,will be using that on my salmon cakes tomorrow.Yor have my 5 forks...Bobrobertg in loved it
sounds good to mecheryilyn in Salem loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!