Microwave PotatoesFrom rml 6 years ago
How to make it
- Wash the Potatoes. Don't peel them.
- Cut each Potato in half.
- Butter both cut sides and sprinkle with Salt and Pepper.
- I've also used other seasonings but the flavors compete with the Bay Leaf.
- Place one Bay leaf on one Potato half and place the other half on top.
- Tie the Potato halves together with string.
- Microwave on High for 7 minutes, depending on the strength of your Microwave.
- To be honest with you, I cheat and just balance the other half of the potato on top, instead of using string.
- Courtesy of The Frugal Gourmet
The Cookrml VA
The Rating3 people
I just had to try this technique. I am not a huge fan of bay leaves so I used garlic powder, Italian seasoning and black pepper. The potato was perfectly done and tender right at seven minutes. I added a few picture and a thread in IMI 8/17/13
morefrankieanne in Ukiah loved it
what a great post!theiris in Garden City loved it
I would have NEVER thought of this... I used to watch the Frugal guy too... way back before Food network... showing our age.. here..linebb956 in La Feria loved it