Caribbean Coconut FishFrom wolfpackjack 6 years ago
- 2-1/2 pounds white fish fillets shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 3 Tbsp lime juice shopping list
- 1 tsp oregano shopping list
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1 to 2 cups AP flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup oil shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 hot green chili pepper, sliced shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 2 cups coconut milk shopping list
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste shopping list
How to make it
- Mix 1 crushed garlic clove with the salt, 2 Tbsp lime juice, ½ tsp oregano, and ground pepper. Strain and pour over the fish fillets, then allow to stand for 1 hour.
- Dry the fish and place in a paper bag with flour; shake to coat the fish.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and fry the fish until tender and golden brown.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Saute/sweat the onion and hot pepper in the oil remaining in the skillet until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Fine chop 2 garlic cloves, then add to the skillet with ½ tsp oregano, bay leaf, coconut milk, and the tomato paste.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the remaining 1 Tbsp lime juice and cook for 2 minutes longer.
- Pour over fish.
- Serve over rice or pasta.