Michigan Sauce for Hot DogsFrom ruskingirl 9 years ago
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 Tbl. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 lb. ground beef shopping list
- 3 6oz. cans of tomato paste shopping list
- 3 6oz. cans of water shopping list
- 3 Tbl. chili powder shopping list
- 2 drops of hot pepper sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1 Tbl. dried oregano shopping list
How to make it
- Cook onion in oil.
- Add beef and cook until lightly browned and crumbly, drain off drippings.
- Stir in tomato paste, water and seasonings. Mix well.
- Simmer for 3 hours, stirring and adding water as necessary.
- Serve over hot dogs with chopped onions and mustard.
People Who Like This Dish 14
- hkmac1129 Nowhere, Us
- lunchtime Mc Mechen, WV
- aussie_meat_pie My Kitchen, AU
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- zena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
- jenniferbyrdez Kenner, LA
- sunflower48386 White Lake, MI
- joeboudreau Syracuse, NY
- skyduchess Garland, TX
- dee Tampa, GB
- Plus 4 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookruskingirl Harrison Twp
The Rating7 people
I remember those fond day of a coney Island at one of those fast food places where they came to your car on roller skates. YUM, and yes my homestate is Michigan, but you already know that, now I live in the south, so I will enjoy this recipe so much...morehenrie in Savannah loved it
Knew Michigan had something going (just kidding, I love Michigan). What's a hot dog without sauce and onions.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
Could scarf this puppy up in no time.....Great post girl!!!!!zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!