Delicate Peanut BrittleFrom noir 9 years ago
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup water shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. cream of tartar shopping list
- 1/2 cup ground peanuts shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. finely ground sea salt shopping list
- Options: Use a different nut, such as pecans, cashews etc. shopping list
- Serve along side ice cream, Pie or alone! :) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and prepare a 11"x17" baking pan with parchment, nonstick baking pad, or aluminum foil.
- In a small, heavy-bottomed pan combine the water, sugar, and cream of tartar and heat over high heat. When the mixture begins a rolling boil, reduce the heat to about medium-high. Once the color changes to a golden brown caramel color, remove from the heat and pour into the prepared pan to cool.
- Once the caramel has cooled, break it up into small pieces. Use a food processor or coffee grinder to grind the caramel into a fine table sugarlike consistency. Combine this with the ground peanuts.
- Prepare your baking pan again. Pour this mixture into the prepared pan and spread very thin (1/8 inch thick). Bake the candy for about 4-6 minutes, until it melts and bubbles. Remove from the oven and evenly sprinkle the salt over the candy. Let cool and break into pieces to serve.
- This will keep for up to 2 weeks in a sealed container in a cool, dry place. Humidity will rob this brittle of its crunch.
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating5 people
Ohhhh...my mother would have LOVED this. Peanut brittle was her favorite. I will have to make it just because.ruskingirl in Harrison Twp loved it
My father in law loves peanut brittle, thanks ;)hayleesgrandma in Waldron loved it
This sounds like a jewel of a recipe! Thank you for sharing!smooch in America loved it