Lemon Walnut HummusFrom amy_samply 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup walnuts shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt or kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 taspoon coriander seeds shopping list
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves shopping list
How to make it
- In a small skillet on medium-heat toast the walnuts for 3 minutes or so. Shake the pan every once in awhile while you toast to ensure an even toast.
- Put the nuts aside to cool down.
- Toast the coriander and cumin seeds in the skillet for 30 seconds or so. Transfer this to a mortar and add cayenne pepper and grind to a powder.
- In your food processor, combine the chickpeas, lemon juice, oil, garlic, ground spices and 1 tspn of the salt.
- Rub the walnuts to remove most of their skin. Add the walnuts to your food processor and puree until smooth.
- Add water one tablespoon at a time if it is too thick. Add in your pepper and olive oil to serve.
People Who Like This Dish 118
The Cookamy_samply San Diego, CA
The Rating18 people
I looooooove Hummus! Thanks = )sunny in Portland loved it
I love hummus. I like the different flavors you have in this. It reminds me of the different spices we used in an Indian cooking class I took.
Definitely going to try.linspj in New Hartford loved it
I love hummus, but don't always have tahini to make it. This recipe looks like a great alternative. Thanks for sharing! - Nataliefizzle3nat in Waterville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!