Sweet Potato CustardFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups milk shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups finely shredded raw sweet potato (shred just before using) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon melted butter shopping list
How to make it
- Add sugar, salt, nutmeg, orange rind and milk to the eggs.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add sweet potato and butter.
- Bake in greased custard cups in a pan of hot water at 350 for 30 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
yummm! Book marked to make. High 5... :D
Debbie~pinkpasta in Upstate loved it
Looks good. Tastes custardy. You have to like raw potato to enjoy this dish. Maybe some saute time with the butter will make this custard taste better to me. It is a very delicate custard. Barely holds up on its own. I would add one more egg to firm ...morepointsevenout in Athens loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!