Double Tomato Brie SandwichesFrom grizzlybear 6 years ago
- 1 jar (6.5 ounces) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained (3/4 cup) and finely chopped* shopping list
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 long loaves Italian bread (about 8 ounces each) shopping list
- 1 pound Brie cheese, sliced (with rind left on) shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced shopping list
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves shopping list
How to make it
- . In small bowl, combine dried tomatoes, olive oil, and vinegar.
- Cut each loaf of Italian bread horizontally in half. Evenly spread dried-tomato mixture on cut sides of bread. Arrange Brie on bottom halves of both loaves; top with tomato slices and basil leaves. Replace tops of loaves. If not serving right away, wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- For this recipe, I used dried tomatoes marinated in lightly salted olive oil with herbs. If you use the unseasoned variety, you may want to sprinkle them with some salt.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating5 people
This has got my name all over it.. imagine these in a panini press with some pesto spread on one side?!? Oh my holy brie! I gots the brie, I'll need to get the sub-dried tomatoes today to try this for lunch...excellent posting! gave it my top blessin...moredivaliscious in Dutchess County loved it
Oh.....this sounds so fresh and springlike!!!
Thanks for posting, Griz!pat2me in Nashua loved it
How wonderful and classy! All I need is the bread and these shall be mine to eat. Great post, Griz - thanks!lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!