Marbled caramel banana cream pieFrom ahmed1 9 years ago
- Shortbread crust: shopping list
- 150g / 6oz plain flour shopping list
- 100g/4oz butter, diced and softened shopping list
- 50g/2oz caster sugar shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 200g(1 cup) granulated sugar shopping list
- 250g (1 cup) heavy cream shopping list
- 50g (¼ cup) butter shopping list
- 2 whole eggs shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 15g flour shopping list
- 2 sliced bananas shopping list
- 1 pack banana pudding mixture shopping list
- caramel sauce (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C (325 °F). Put the flour and butter in a food processor and pulse till mixture resembles breadcrumbs, stir in the sugar and work the mixture together till it forms a ball. Turn on a work surface and knead briefly till smooth. Pat the dough on
- a lightly greased 20cm tart pan. Prick the base with a fork. Bake for 35 minutes till very pale. Cool completely
- In a saucepan, caramelize 200 g (1 cup) granulated sugar using the dry method until it turns a golden caramel color. Incorporate the heavy cream and then add butter. Mix thoroughly. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the whole eggs with the extra egg yolk, then incorporate the flour. Pour this into the cream-caramel mixture and mix thoroughly. Spread it out in the tart shell and bake for 15-20 minutes until the caramel has set. Remove from oven and allow cooling.
- Arrange sliced bananas over surface. Make banana pudding as directed in back of Package and let it cool slightly (10-15 minutes).Pour evenly over bananas. Chill.
- Drizzle some caramel sauce in a decorative way.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating16 people
I am licking the page so you will have to excuse me. Ahmed the flavors in this culinary creation are tantalyzing. I will make this tomorrow and then run my 2 miles after I eat half of it which I am sure I will. Stunning! Your friend, Joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
ANOTHER "SPELLBOUND*** SHOW STOPPER"AHMED,SERIOUSLY YOU HAVE TO FIND A PUBLISHER !!
AS YOUR DESSERTS ARE GETTING BETTER AND BETTER
THANKS MY FRIEND
SALAAMS AND HAVE A BLESSED DAY
MUMTAZmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
YOu kill me with your recipes. Hugs to all.recipediva in Pittsburgh loved it