Seafood Salad With Cilantro DressingFrom lunasea 7 years ago
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated lime peel shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon (generous) ground chipotle chile pepper* shopping list
- ~~~~ shopping list
- 1 1 1/2-pound skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1 1/4-inch cubes shopping list
- 18 large sea scallops shopping list
- 2 dozen mussels, scrubbed, debearded shopping list
- 2 dozen Manila (small) clams, scrubbed shopping list
- ~~~~ shopping list
- cilantro Dressing: (This recipe yields enough dressing for both the seafood salad and the rice.) shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups (packed) coarsely chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1 cup olive oil shopping list
- 5 tablespoons white wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced seeded serrano chile shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk 2 tablespoons oil and next 5 ingredients in small bowl.
- Arrange salmon and scallops on separate sides in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Pour marinade over and toss to coat, keeping fish and scallops apart.
- Let marinate at room temperature at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Drain separately, reserving marinade.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle salmon and scallops with salt and pepper.
- Add salmon to skillet; sauté until just opaque in center, about 3 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer salmon to platter.
- Add scallops to skillet; sauté until just opaque in center, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer to platter with salmon.
- Pour reserved marinade into skillet; add mussels and clams.
- Cover and cook over high heat until mussels and clams open, about 3 minutes (discard any that do not open). Using slotted spoon, transfer mussels and clams to platter with salmon and scallops; cool to room temperature.
- Drizzle seafood with some Cilantro Dressing.
- Make Cilantro Dressing:
- Combine all ingredients in processor. Blend until almost smooth. Season dressing with salt and pepper.
- (NOTE: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill. Bring to room temperature; rewhisk before using.)
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating8 people
I like this recipe, it sounds delicious!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
I could just eat the marinade! Great flavors. I love but can't eat mussels and clams. I will have to make substitutions for that. Can't wait. Thanks and here's my 5.grandmommy in Nashville loved it
Got my 5gingerlea in Tampa loved it