Moroccan Couscous With Spiced Honey-lemon VinaigretteFrom silverqueen 7 years ago
- 1 bag of baby carrots, halved lengthwise (8-oz.) shopping list
- olive oil, salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 4 cups yellow squash, cut into 1" cubes shopping list
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-1/2"cubes\1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground coriander shopping list
- 1/4 tsp, cayenne pepper shopping list
- Minced zest of 1 lemon shopping list
- 3/4 cup dry couscous shopping list
- 1/3 cup raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Place a baking sheet inside the oven, preheat the oven to 450*F.
- Toss carrots in a large bowl with oil, salt and pepper, then transfer carrots to the hot baking sheet, roast until lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
- toss squash and inion in the same bowl with additional oil, salt and pepper.
- Add to carrots and roast until tender about 20 minutes more.
- combine broth, honey juice. 2 Tbsp. oil, spices and lemon zest in a small saucepan, bring to a boil.
- Take off heat, stir in couscous and raisins, then cover and let stand until liquid is absorbed about 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add roasted vegetables and parsley, toss to combine.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
The Cooksilverqueen Albany, GA
The Rating4 people
This looks so delicious. I'll have to make this one soon.
Thanks for posting!55to64 in River Forest loved it
This sounds delish. I'm making it this week to go with a Moroccan chicken recipe I found on this site.jencathen in loved it
Made this tonight and it was great. The only difference is I used Stock instead of broth, omitted the raisins (I always do, I don't like raisins except in my cereal), and used one whole box of the 5 minute couscous. I had to increase the stock amount...morejencathen in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!