Moroccan Couscous With Spiced Honey-lemon VinaigretteFrom silverqueen 7 years ago
- 1 bag of baby carrots, halved lengthwise (8-oz.) shopping list
- olive oil, salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 4 cups yellow squash, cut into 1" cubes shopping list
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-1/2"cubes\1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground coriander shopping list
- 1/4 tsp, cayenne pepper shopping list
- Minced zest of 1 lemon shopping list
- 3/4 cup dry couscous shopping list
- 1/3 cup raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Place a baking sheet inside the oven, preheat the oven to 450*F.
- Toss carrots in a large bowl with oil, salt and pepper, then transfer carrots to the hot baking sheet, roast until lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
- toss squash and inion in the same bowl with additional oil, salt and pepper.
- Add to carrots and roast until tender about 20 minutes more.
- combine broth, honey juice. 2 Tbsp. oil, spices and lemon zest in a small saucepan, bring to a boil.
- Take off heat, stir in couscous and raisins, then cover and let stand until liquid is absorbed about 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add roasted vegetables and parsley, toss to combine.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
The Cooksilverqueen Albany, GA
The Rating4 people
This sounds delish. I'm making it this week to go with a Moroccan chicken recipe I found on this site.jencathen in loved it
Made this tonight and it was great. The only difference is I used Stock instead of broth, omitted the raisins (I always do, I don't like raisins except in my cereal), and used one whole box of the 5 minute couscous. I had to increase the stock amount...morejencathen in loved it
This looks so delicious. I'll have to make this one soon.
Thanks for posting!55to64 in River Forest loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!