Potage St GermainFrom auntybea 8 years ago
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely shopping list
- 1 carrot, chopped finely shopping list
- 4 lettuce leaves shopping list
- 2 sprigs fresh mint shopping list
- 2 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 2 cups dried green peas shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 4 tbsp. butter shopping list
- 4 ounces Sherry liquor shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, cook peas, onion, sugar, carrot, lettuce and mint in chicken broth over medium-low heat until peas are tender. If the mixture becomes too thick, add a bit of water.
- Once the peas are tender, discard the mint and cool the soup.
- Process the soup through a blender until smooth.
- In a microwave safe container heat the soup until it is warm enough to melt the butter and stir in the cream and butter.
- Prior to serving, separate soup into four individual bowls and reheat in microwave (to avoid burning the soup in a saucepan -- nothing worse than burnt pea soup, not to mention the smell when you're having company!).
- Serve each bowl of soup with a 1-oz. shot of Sherry in either a snifter or a shot glass.
- Instruct guests to pour the Sherry into the soup prior to eating it.