Little mountains coconut tartFrom ahmed1 8 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 2 cups chocolate cookies crumbs shopping list
- 113g/1/4 pound (1 Stick) of melted butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts shopping list
- coconut macaroons: shopping list
- Please check my posting: shopping list
- glazed-cherries-coconut-macaroons.html">Glazed Cherries Coconut Macaroons shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1 package vanilla pudding shopping list
- cocoa powder shopping list
- icing sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp toasted almonds shopping list
How to make it
- For the Crust: Preheat Oven at 350°F. Combine cookie crumbs, melted butter, and hazelnuts in a bowl and mix. Spread in the bottom and sides of a 9" loose bottom tart pan Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Start making macaroons while crust is cooling. Pipe macaroons mixture in small rosettes all around the edge of the tart and one in the center. Bake only for 8 minutes in a preheated oven 380F. You don’t want them to be stiff or that crunchy, only a little bit soft inside. Cool .
- Make the vanilla pudding according to directions and pour in a measuring cup to cool slightly, stirring occasionally. Pour over the crust making sure not to touch the macaroons. You want them to look like they are mountains sinking in water. Chill for 2 hours. Sift cocoa powder over each macaroons. Sprinkle filling with Almonds
- and sift little icing sugar over them.
- N.B This one must be taken out 40 minutes before serving…You want the macaroons to be soft when served.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating15 people
Will it be crunchy ???cholena in Food World loved it
I love it my friend...good job as usual. Joymarie your buddy and pal.mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Wowwww.... i am stunned and lost for words ,..once again......your pictures are awesome...... ...gets my 10 ......oops! i mean "5" which is 100% anyway
have a blessed day ,Ahmed
Mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it