Seared Tuna Steaks With Wasabi-green Onion MayonnaiseFrom lunasea 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions (white and green parts) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon (or more) wasabi paste shopping list
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar shopping list
- 4 8-ounce tuna steaks (preferably ahi; each about 1 inch thick) shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk first 3 ingredients in small bowl to blend, adding more wasabi paste if desired. Cover and refrigerate.
- Whisk teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, and rice vinegar in small bowl to blend.
- Place tuna steaks in resealable plastic bag. Add teriyaki mixture; seal bag. Turn bag to coat. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes, turning bag occasionally.
- Brush grill with vegetable oil.
- Prepare grill (medium-high heat).
- Drain tuna steaks. Grill tuna to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium.
- Top each tuna steak with about 2 tablespoons wasabi mayonnaise and serve.
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating10 people
I noticed that the tuna was a perfectly seared and pink in the middle. The 30 minute marinading time makes the tuna a mouth watering delight.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
*THUD*danadooley in Singapore loved it
wonderful recipe - and the greatest surprise: i've got everything but the tuna steak at home - so there is nothing preventing me making this within the next few days - except that stores are closed during the holidays :-)
thank you for a great p...morekochhexe in Butzbach loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!