Mixed Mushroom Ragout or GravyFrom deliathecrone 9 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup shallots, peeled and minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1 teaspoon oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoon thyme shopping list
- 1 teaspoon parsley shopping list
- 2 pounds assorted mushrooms, cleaned and rough chopped* shopping list
- 1/2 cup brandy shopping list
- 2 cups stock (your choice) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 1 whole bay leaf shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced, for garnish shopping list
- *mushrooms may consist of any combination of portobello, shiitake, crimini, button, or your own favorites. shopping list
- As for the stock, in a pinch, I've used reconstituted dried onion soup mix for the stock. In that case, omit the salt entirely. shopping list
How to make it
- In a large heavy-bottomed pan, heat the oil and saute the shallots and garlic until translucent.
- Add the herbs and mushrooms and saute for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the brandy and continue to cook until absorbed.
- Add the stock, salt and pepper and bay leaf, and simmer until the liquid is reduced by about half.
- Add the cream and simmer over a low flame for 15 to 20 minutes, or until most of the liquid is reduced and the mushrooms are coated with a thick sauce.
- Stir in the butter, adjust the seasonings.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- Nutritive values:
- Per serving - 166.8 calories; 11.5 grams fat (82.4% calories from fat); 1.1 grams protein; 4.4 grams carbohydrate; 23 milligrams cholesterol; 741 milligrams sodium.
- Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable; 2 1/2 fat.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookdeliathecrone Johnston, SC
The Rating5 people
This recipe sounds like heaven. You've made my day!hollymayb in Baltimore loved it
Sounds fantastic. Thank you.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
Sounds great!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!