Grilled Pork Chops with Gorgonzola and Sweet Onion JamFrom nlo209 7 years ago
- 2 pork chops (or more if you want) shopping list
- 1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola shopping list
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme shopping list
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- sweet onion JAM: shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 cups sliced onions shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. soy sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. red wine shopping list
- 2 Tbsp water shopping list
How to make it
- Clean pork chops and cut a slit horizontally through each chop to "butterfly." Stuff each chop with a couple of tablespoons of the cheese and lay the sprigs of herbs over cheese. Close the chops and use toothpicks to hold together if you need to. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill over medium high heat for approximately 10 minutes depending on the thickness of chops. Serve topped with Sweet Onion Jam.
- SWEET ONION JAM:
- Heat the oil in a skillet over med. heat. Add the onions and cook for 5-8 minutes, until tender and translucent. Add the sugar and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 min. Add all the remaining ingredients and cook, stirring often to avoid scorching, for 20 min. or until thick and jam-like. The slower you cook it, the richer the jam will become.
The Cooknlo209 Toronto, CA
The Rating6 people
N., you little doll, you always have the best recipes. Thanks hon.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
I'm with greekgirrrl,Love the onion jam,will be trying that on chicken also. Thanks for a graet post....Bobrobertg in loved it
These just sound amazing and I love the onion jam addition. Thanks so much - how wonderful!lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!