Roasted Butternut And Rosemary LasagneFrom leonora5 9 years ago
- 1 kg butternut shopping list
- 45 ml olive oil shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 60 ml butter shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, crushed shopping list
- 60 ml cake flour shopping list
- 1 litre milk shopping list
- 30 ml chopped fresh rosemary shopping list
- 15 ml chopped fresh sage shopping list
- 2 ml nutmeg shopping list
- 16 lasagne sheets shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C and grease an ovenproof dish.
- Arrange the butternut in a single layer in a separate oven pan.
- Drizzle with the oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 10 to 15 minutes and set aside until needed.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the garlic and sauté until soft.
- Stir in the flour and stir-fry for one minute.
- Gradually beat in the milk and heat until the sauce starts simmering and thickens slightly.
- Add the rosemary, sage and nutmeg and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the lasagne sheets in boiling water for about five minutes and cook only a few sheets at a time.
- Drain and carefully arrange the sheets on a tea towel.
- Spoon a third of the sauce in the bottom of the greased dish and arrange a layer of the lasagne sheets on top.
- Scatter half the butternut on top of the lasagne.
- Repeat the layers, ending with a layer of sauce, ensuring the last layer of lasagne is completely covered with the sauce to prevent it from drying out.
- Leave the dish to rest for one hour so the pasta can soften before baking it at 180 °C for about 40 minutes. Serve hot.
- Recipe From : YOU July 01, 2004
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookleonora5 Kleinemonde, ZA
The Rating10 people
This is a fun recipe to play with. I Love butternut squash. Thank you for the Postrml in loved it
I'm not sure how I missed this, because I'm a big fan of roasted squash in lasagna (similar to my Squash & Spinach Lasagna recipe....) so I know this one is a keeper !! Thanks, Lenora :)kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
Leonora - I love butternut squash, this sounds loverly! Defintely a five!shepherdrescue in Lake Forest loved it