Peanut Butter Crunch Candy BarsFrom henrie 7 years ago
- 4 cups (10.5 ounce bag) miniature marshmallows shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter shopping list
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter shopping list
- 54 round butter-flavored cookies, crushed (1-1/2 stacks, about 2 cups) shopping list
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, frozen shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate bar, broken into chunks shopping list
How to make it
- Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with non-stick foil.
- In a double-boiler, melt butter and both peanut butters, stirring to avoid scorching, until combined.
- Mix in marshmallows, half at a time, until melted and smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in crushed crackers, then quickly add chocolate chips. (They may melt a bit, which is why they should be frozen to begin with.) Mixture will be stiff. Press into prepared pan and smooth top with a spatula. Let stand at room temperature for an hour to set.
- Clean double-boiler and dry thoroughly. (One drop of water will make the chocolate seize.) Gently melt chocolate bar stirring until smooth. You may melt chocolate in the microwave, if you wish, but be careful not to scorch it. Chocolate should be melted, but not hot.
- Pour melted chocolate into a zip-top bag, squeeze out all the air, and seal. Cut a small corner from the bag and use it as a pastry bag to drizzle chocolate in a zig-zag pattern over the top of the candy bars. Chill for 30 minutes, then cut into small squares.
- Store leftovers at room temperature in an airtight container.
- Yield: 48 candy bars
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating10 people
yes i would love these thanks henrieminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
You know I am a peanut butter lovin' girl! Got a high 5 from me! Jettjett2whit in Union City loved it
I have to buy some more marshmellos! Gotta make these!! yummmmmmmmm got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it