Coconut Creme BruleeFrom juliecake 7 years ago
How to make it
- Oven at 350 degrees
- Slowly heat cream and coconut milk in a medium saucepan till it just begins to bubble.
- Whisk together the yolks and sugar until eggs turn a light yellow and the mixture thickens. Whisk in the vanilla, rum, and salt.
- Slowly add the hot cream mixture while continuously whisking. Stir in the sweetened coconut.
- Pour mixture evenly into 6 6oz ramekins. Place ramekins in a baking dish and add enough hot water to come about half way up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until custard is almost set. The custard will be mostly firm but still jiggle slightly in the center when tapped.
- Remove from water bath and let cool slightly. Place in refrigerator and chill overnight.
- Just before serving sprinkle 1 to 2 tsp of sugar over each custard. Place on cookie sheet and place in preheated broiler. Cook until sugar is a golden brown (about 3 minutes). You can also caramelize the sugar with a handheld propane or butane torch.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookjuliecake Bluffdale, UT
The Rating10 people
Exquisite......nothing but greatness here. You have my 5. Great post.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Oh, this sounds wonderful. I bet it is as smooth as silk. Thanksruskingirl in Harrison Twp loved it
this sounds like my kind of dessert... my list for the store is getting longer and longer...peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it