Tuna and Egg Salad SandwichesFrom hayleesgrandma 8 years ago
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground celery seed shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced shopping list
- 4 radishes, chopped (1/2 cup) shopping list
- 2 medium-size sweet pickles, chopped (about 1/2 cup) shopping list
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna in water, drained shopping list
- 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce shopping list
- Mini pita bread OR English muffins (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Place eggs in medium-size saucepan. Cover with water by 1 inch. Bring just to boiling. Remove from heat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine pickle juice, lemon juice, regular and reduced-fat mayonnaise, celery seed, red pepper, salt and black pepper in medium-size bowl. Add carrot, radish, pickles and tuna; stir to break up tuna.
- 3. Pour off hot water from eggs; run under cold water until cool to touch. Peel eggs; coarsely chop. Add to tuna mixture. Serve with shredded lettuce and pitas or English muffins.
The Cookhayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
The Rating4 people
Love this recipe! I'll be using dill instead of sweet, but, I will be making this! Great post. Gets my 5.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Tuna and egg is always good.
See Tuna And Egg Salad Sandwiches for more.
5/28/16pointsevenout in Athens loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!