Tuna and Egg Salad SandwichesFrom hayleesgrandma 6 years ago
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground celery seed shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced shopping list
- 4 radishes, chopped (1/2 cup) shopping list
- 2 medium-size sweet pickles, chopped (about 1/2 cup) shopping list
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna in water, drained shopping list
- 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce shopping list
- Mini pita bread OR English muffins (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Place eggs in medium-size saucepan. Cover with water by 1 inch. Bring just to boiling. Remove from heat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine pickle juice, lemon juice, regular and reduced-fat mayonnaise, celery seed, red pepper, salt and black pepper in medium-size bowl. Add carrot, radish, pickles and tuna; stir to break up tuna.
- 3. Pour off hot water from eggs; run under cold water until cool to touch. Peel eggs; coarsely chop. Add to tuna mixture. Serve with shredded lettuce and pitas or English muffins.