Moms White Rhubarb CakeFrom krumkake 8 years ago
- cake shopping list
- 1½ cups white sugar shopping list
- ½ cup butter, melted shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk with 1 teaspoon baking soda added (do this in 2 cup measuring cup, as it WILL foam up!) shopping list
- 2 cups diced fresh rhubarb shopping list
- TOPPING shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar, mixed with ½ teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- Fresh whipped cream, optional shopping list
How to make it
- For the cake, cream together sugar, butter and vanilla; stir in the egg.
- Mix dry ingredients into the creamed mixture alternately with the buttermilk/baking soda mixture, mixing well by hand.
- Gently fold the rhubarb into the cake batter.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Cover batter with sugar/cinnamon topping mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Serve with a scoop of fresh whipped cream, if desired.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating12 people
Oh wow krum, this is a great recipe. I also grew up with rhubarb and miss it terribly. Great post. Got my 5chefmeow in Garland loved it
Thanks we love rhubarb.blueeyes68ky in Owenton loved it
I asolutely LOVE rhubarb! I'm thinkin' if I use a good gluten-free yellow cake mix as a base it will work? And do I have a rhubarb recipe to share with YOU!crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!