Great GoulashFrom shuga 6 years ago
- 2 pounds lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 pound ground turkey shopping list
- 2 large onions, chopped shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 1 (29-ounce) can tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 (15-ounce) cans diced tomatoes shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning shopping list
- 3 bay leaves shopping list
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon House seasoning, (recipe follows) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt shopping list
- 2 cups dried elbow macaroni shopping list
How to make it
- In a Dutch oven, saute the ground beef and ground turkey over medium-high heat, until no pink remains.
- Break up meat while sauteing; spoon off any grease. Add the onions to the pot and saute until they are tender about 5 minutes.
- Add 3 cups water, along with the tomato sauce, tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, soy sauce, House Seasoning, and seasoned salt. Stir well.
- Place a lid on the pot and allow this to cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add the elbow macaroni, stir well, return the lid to the pot, and simmer for about 20 minutes. Turn off the heat, remove the bay leaves and allow the mixture to sit about 30 minutes more before serving.
- House Seasoning:
- 1 cup salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookshuga United States
The Rating8 people
This is pure comfort food, AHHHHHH Thanks , Markymarky90 in Dearborn loved it
Never saw goulash made this way but you bet I'm gonna try it thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Neat recipe! On the Menu!smooch in America loved it