Saw Mill GravyFrom chefjeb 6 years ago
How to make it
- Fry sausage until cooked and crumble. Set aside.Reserve grease.
- In same skille use equal amounts of flour and grease (roux) and cook, stirring constantly, until flour is browned to peanut butter color. You may hve todrain some of the grease, depending on how much gravy you are making. DO NOT BURN.
- Add about 1 1/2 cups of milk to start and add milk until gravy is as thin as you like.
- Add crumbled sausage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Serve over split hot biscuits,
People Who Like This Dish 11
- Relaxingal Nowhere, Us
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- rosemaryblue CollegeTown
- dixiejet Downsville, LA
- shirleyoma Cove, OR
- chefcliff Fort Lauderdale, FL
- imhungry Northern, OH
- conner909 Southern Calif., CA
- wynnebaer Dunnellon, Florida
- Plus 1 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookchefjeb Carthage, MS
The Rating5 people
Oh ymmmmmm, I was raised on this!! May fix it tomorrow morning, hubby loves it also!shirleyoma in Cove loved it
I make this & send it to my hubby's job for his co-workers ! And, boy,is it a hot property once it gets there! lol ! Somebody makes the biscuits and I send the gravy....dixiejet in Downsville loved it