Pulled Pork SandwichesFrom marky90 5 years ago
- 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- coarse salt and ground pepper shopping list
- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder (Boston butt), cut into 4 equal pieces shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups cider vinegar shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 8 soft sandwich rolls, Kaiser or onion shopping list
- barbecue sauce, for serving. ( Use your favorite) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with racks in lower and upper positions. In a small bowl, combine sugar, cayenne, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Place pork in a 5-quart Dutch oven or large heavy-bottomed pot; rub with spice mixture.
- In a medium bowl, combine vinegar, garlic, and 1/2 cup water; pour over pork. Cover pot, and place in oven on lower rack. Bake until pork is very tender and separates easily when pulled with a fork, 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Transfer pork to a work surface, reserving pan juices. With two forks, shred meat. Transfer to a large bowl, and toss with pan juices to moisten (you may not need all the juices). Pile pork on rolls, and top with barbecue sauce.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating10 people
My favorite thing to eat at any Hard Rock Cafe! BBQ sauce is not optional. It's a must!!!!tippystclair in North Hollywood loved it
I love pulled pork - sounds delicious! Thanks, sweetie...lunasea in Orlando loved it
Love pulled pork! Love cutting it into 4 pieces, and I just have a brand spanking new bottle of Spice Islands Cayenne Pepper! It is a beautiful shade of red. Seems to be extra "red"! I am ready to go. :)rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!