Champagne IceFrom noir 7 years ago
- 2 medium oranges shopping list
- 1 medium lemon shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups water shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur shopping list
- 2 cups champagne shopping list
- 2 cups fresh strawberries shopping list
- 1 cup champagne shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
How to make it
- With a vegetable peeler, peel zest in strips from oranges and lemon.
- Squeeze juice from oranges and lemon.
- In a large saucepan, combine water, 3/4 cup sugar, and citrus zest.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat; boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Discard zest.
- Pour liquid into a large bowl and stir in orange and lemon juices and liqueur.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Stir 2 cups champagne into juice mixture.
- Pour into 8-inch square pan and freeze until slushy, 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
- Beat juice mixture in a mixing bowl or process in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Pour back into pan and refreeze for 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, hull strawberries and cut in half.
- Put in a medium bowl and stir in 1 cup champagne and 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Place strawberries in goblets and fill with champagne ice.
- Garnish with a cookie or straw wafer.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating18 people
I will be picking up strawberrie sthis afternoon!!! Great post, thanks, Noir!pat2me in Nashua loved it
Lusciousredkitchen in Murfreesboro loved it
Mahvelous dahling. Thanks Noir.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it