Southern Cream CookiesFrom bluewaterandsand 8 years ago
- 1 cup shortening shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs -- beaten shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 5 cups flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups black walnuts -- chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 350F.
- Cream together the shortening and sugar.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and sour cream; mix well.
- Stir in the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda to make
- a stiff dough.
- Add chopped nuts.
- Drop by teaspoons onto greased cookie sheet.
- Mix 3 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a saucer.
- Grease the bottom of a jelly glass.
- Dip into the cinnamon/sugar and gently press the cookies to flatten
- the balls of dough.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until centers are done.
- These cookies travel and freeze well.
The Cookbluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
The Rating10 people
sounds good!jett2whit in Union City loved it
another good one!debwin in Toronto loved it
another good one teresa keep going .lolminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!