Quick Rosemary Dropped Biscuits And DumplingsFrom divaliscious 6 years ago
- Double recipe if you like - since this makes only 6 good sized biscuits. shopping list
- preheated oven 450 degrees shopping list
- greased cookie sheet shopping list
- bowl for mixing shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1-1/4 cup Bisquick (or other self-rising flour) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of pan drippings or melted butter shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- fresh cracked pepper shopping list
- 2 or 3 shakes of dried red chili pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 -1/2 tablespoons freshly minced rosemary - or freshly dried rosemary broken into small pieces. shopping list
How to make it
- Make sure oven is preheated and that cookie sheet has been greased (I used some of the pan drippings from the roast chicken I had made.)
- add all ingredients in bowl, stir till combined.
- Dough will be sticky.
- Drop in rounds at least 2 inches apart and place onto middle rack in oven.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes and serve up with your gravy.
- ***To Make Dumplings
- To use batter as dumplings, drop 1" large spoonfuls into simmering stew of soup. And cover with lid. Let cook for 12 minutes.
- Ten remove lid and let cook with soup simmering for another 10. Serve up your stew/soup, scooping your delicate dumplings and giving each person 2. I assure you they will want more.
- When these are made as dumplings, they double in size and are super light and fluffy inside, simply delicious.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookdivaliscious Dutchess County, NY
The Rating6 people
Rosemary is an alltime favorite herbal flavoring. These would be so addictive. I like fluffy dumplings a lot better than flat noodle type dumplings. This is on our table soon.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
These look great!pleclare in Framingham loved it
I'll have to try these. The look great!
cookinggood in Leesburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!