Apricot pork chops with WalnutsFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 boneless pork chops about 3/4 to one inch thick shopping list
- 2 minced shallots shopping list
- 1/4 cup of dry vermouth shopping list
- 1/2 cup of apricot preserves or peach if you have it shopping list
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth shopping list
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tsp of minced fresh ginger root shopping list
- 1 piece of candied ginger chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup of chopped toasted walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Toast the walnuts in a 375 degree oven about 6-8 minutes. Watch carefully so you don't burn them. Allow to cool.
- heat oil in medium skillet; add pork and brown on each side about 3 minutes per side.
- Add shallots around the pork chops and cook in the scant amount of vermouth until softened.
- Meanwhile in a microwave safe measuring cup, melt the preserves with the chicken broth, soy sauce and grated ginger. Heat to melt and mix well.
- pour into the pan with the chops, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer about 15 minutes.
- Remove pork, keep warm.
- Boil sauce til it thickens Stir in walnuts and chopped candied ginger.
- Pour over pork chops and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating9 people
Sounds wonderful!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Delish this recipe is printed off...pudgy47 in Las Vegas loved it
yum... great post...peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it