Macaroni In A Bechamel SauceFrom lor 7 years ago
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni, ziti, or rigatoni shopping list
- 2 26 oz. jars traditional pasta sauce shopping list
- 1 lb. lean ground beef, chicken or turkey shopping list
- 1 onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 3 cups bechamel shopping list
- 10 - 12 ounces of cheddar, Tex Mex, or a blend of Parmesan, Romano and Mazzarella cheeses shopping list
- BECHAMEL SAUCE: shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 4 heaping tablespoons flour shopping list
- 3 cups cold milk shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 egg (optional) shopping list
- METHOD: shopping list
- Melt butter over a low flame. shopping list
- Add the flour and blend until it becomes a golden color. shopping list
- Remove from flame and add the milk very gradually and blending thoroughly. shopping list
- Return to flame and add salt and pepper to taste stir constantly to prevent the mixture from becoming lumpy until it reaches the desired thickness. shopping list
- Beat an egg and add it to sauce (optional). shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Start by bringing water to a boil for pasta.
- While waiting for the water to boil, saute ground beef, onion and garlic in a large frying pan.
- When you place pasta in boiling water, reduce heat to medium high.
- Begin preparing bechamel with cheese.
- Once beef has completed browning, drain, and add pasta sauce.
- Simmer on low.
- Drain pasta, cover, and set aside.
- Cover bechamel and leave on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Pour meat sauce in a 9 x 12 dish.
- Cover with bechamel sauce.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- I have altered the original recipe from Saad Fayed
People Who Like This Dish 11
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- borinka Bratislava Region, SK
- c2max Woodridge, GA
- ahmed1 Cairo, EG
- bluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- linebb956 La Feria, TX
- choclytcandy IN
- carmenperez Hormigueros, PR
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- Plus 1 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating10 people
i love the sauce thank youminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I love this! Fantastic recipe!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Wowww!! For those who are not familiar with this recipe. THIS IS HEAVEN!!ahmed1 in Cairo loved it