Classic Lemon ChickenFrom pat2me 5 years ago
- 2 lemons shopping list
- 4 chicken cutlets, pounded thinly into scallopini shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- flour, for dredging shopping list
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 6 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled shopping list
- 16 caper berries shopping list
- 10 large green olives shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock or broth shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Squeeze the juice from one and a half lemons and reserve.
- Cut the remaining half lemon into very thin slices. Remove seeds and set the lemon slices aside.
- Season the chicken scallopini with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour, coating both sides, and tap the excess flour off.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add as many scallopini into the pan that will fit without touching, and cook until golden brown, approximately 3 minutes.
- Flip and cook second side until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Remove scallopini and drain on paper towel.
- When done with the scallopini, wipe off the fat from the skillet with paper towels.
- Add the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil, butter, garlic, and lemon slices to the skillet. Cook, scraping the bottom until garlic is golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Scoop out the lemon slices and set aside. Add the caper berries and olives and cook, stirring gently for about 4 minutes. Pour in wine and bring to a boil.
- Cook until the wine is reduced by half. Add the chicken stock and boil until slightly syrupy. Return the scallopini to the skillet and coat each piece in the sauce. Add parsley and swirl into sauce.
- Divide scallopini onto separate plates. Spoon the sauce over, and add the caper berries and olives around scallopini.
- Add some of the spinach on the side. Finish by decorating each plate with reserved lemon slices on top of the scallopini.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookpat2me Nashua, NH
The Rating8 people
Yummy, yummy! Yes, yes, yes! I've had this before but never with the green olives. Sounds terrific!misslizzi in Philadelphia loved it
great Pat! how are you?magali777 in Mexico loved it
LOVE chicken like this!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!