Slow cooked pork with orange jalapeno sauceFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 4 lb. pork roast, trimmed of excess fat and tied shopping list
- salt/pepper shopping list
- garlic powder shopping list
- 2 tbsp of oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 star anise shopping list
- 1 stalk lemon grass cracked shopping list
- 1 cup white wine shopping list
- rosemary-two sprigs shopping list
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar shopping list
- 4 crushed garlic cloves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- orange Jalapeno sauce: shopping list
- 1 cup orange juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup of honey shopping list
- 2 ounces ginger, chopped shopping list
- 1 small jalapeno, chopped shopping list
- 1 small orange, zested shopping list
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 ounces unsalted sweet butter, cubed shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp of white pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Rub all sides of pork roast with salt/pepper/garlic powder.
- Brown well in oil on all sides.
- Put in crock pot with next 10 ingredients (soy sauce to red pepper flakes).
- cook on low heat 9 to 10 hours.
- Make sauce by putting the jalapeno and ginger in with the orange juice and cooking over medium heat until reduced by half and the ginger and jalapeno are completely softened. Strain out solids.
- Add honey, zest of orange and rice wine vinegar, heat over low heat until thick and glazed. Swirl in butter for richness, add salt and pepper to taste
- Serve poured over sliced pork roast.
- Yellow rice and peas are good sides and fried plantains are yummy too.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating6 people
I have to put this one on the menu for next Sunday! It sounds incredibly delicious. Great one!crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
This sounds amazing.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
OMG this sounds out-of-this-world good! We love pork. Will certainly try! X0auntybea in Vernon loved it