Summertime Squash CasseroleFrom lor 6 years ago
- 3 cups yellow summer squash, sliced and partly cooked shopping list
- 2 - 3 zucchini's, cut into chunks (no need to pre-cook) shopping list
- 1 large or 2 medium Spanish onions, cut in chunks shopping list
- Note: Sometimes I add a tin of diced tomatoes(drained) or chopped fresh tomatoes to this casserole. shopping list
- 1 - 2 garlic cloves, minced or finely chopped (optional) shopping list
- 2 cups cheese, shredded process American or mild Cheddar shopping list
- 4 ounces chopped mild green chilies shopping list
- 1 cup milk, 2% or Homogenized shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups saltine crackers or potatoes chips, crushed shopping list
- 1/2 cup Parmesan or romano cheese shopping list
- A dash of parsley flakes shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients except crackers in a lightly buttered or sprayed 1-1/2 to 2 quart casserole or baking dish.
- Sprinkle the saltine crackers or potato chips blended with Parmesan / Romano cheese and dried parsley flakes over top of veggies.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Serves 4 to 6
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating9 people
This sounds good, I love a good squash casserole. Here's my 5, hope your having a good Memorial Day weekend.henrie in Savannah loved it
Thanks Lor, this looks yummy! My kids will love it. (THEY aren't veggie haters like their dad!)morninlite in Kalamazoo loved it
Quash for supper tonite thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it