White Bean And Garlic StewFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- 1 head garlic (the whole bulb--15-20 cloves) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 19 oz can cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- pinch red pepper flakes shopping list
- 6.5 oz kale, stems removed and chopped shopping list
- 9 oz savoy cabbage, shredded shopping list
- 1 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Break the garlic bulb into cloves and peel off the skin. Chop 2 cloves, leave the rest whole.
- Add water to a large, deep pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and carrots, sauté for 1 more minute.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, bay leaves, and water. Cover the pot and simmer for about an hour, adding water if it gets too thick. Remove the bay leaf.
- Stir in the salt and peppers, followed by the kale and cabbage.
- Simmer 5 minutes longer.
- If you're serving the stew right away, add the lemon juice. Otherwise, add lemon juice right before serving.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating10 people
with cold weather, this looks great!herby in Albany loved it
This looks yummy. And garlic is soooo good for your heart. I'd bet even my "thinks corn chips are veggies" husband would like this.morninlite in Kalamazoo loved it
Love it. It's already 100% in the shade here, but I love stew and soup. Good one.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
Health Food Junkies423 members
On A Budget559 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables385 members
Good To Freeze127 members
Comfort Foods770 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members
Weight Watchers282 members