KapustaFrom lor 7 years ago
- kielbasa, cut into 2" chunks and fried in 2- 3 inches of water until water evaporates. shopping list
- 4-6 tablespoons butter, divided shopping list
- Note: I use 1-1/2 Tbsp. olive oil and 2 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- 3 onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 cups button mushrooms, sliced (must be fresh NOT canned) shopping list
- Note: My Mother-in-law picked wild mushrooms but I do not suggest them because unless you know your mushrooms, you could become very ill. shopping list
- 1/4 cabbage, medium sized and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 (32 ounce) jar sauerkraut, pressed well to drain shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar shopping list
- A pinch of dried dill shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. parsley flakes shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- Note: caraway seeds can be added but because I absolutely HATE the flavour of caraway, I omit it. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook kielbasa chunks as explained above, then set them aside.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of butter over medium heat.
- Saute onions and mushrooms until tender.
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, boil cabbage for 15 minutes.
- In a 9 x 13 inch greased or sprayed baking dish or casserole, combine kielbasa, onions, mushrooms, cabbage, sauerkraut, sugar, thyme, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Dot remaining 2 tablespoons of butter on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour, gently stirring every 20 minutes.
- Serves 4-6 people or you can have this as a side dish on a buffet table.
People Who Like This Dish 11
- suemm88 Nowhere, Us
- Olivemoose Nowhere, Us
- periwinkle Barnwell, SC
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- chacha New York, NY
- jett2whit Union City, GA
- jenniferbyrdez Kenner, LA
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- chefmeow Garland, TX
- Plus 1 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating9 people
I agree with krum, who doesn't love kraut and cabbage? Yummers. I also will be making this soon, Thanks for a great post my friend. You have m 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
ANOTHER GREAT ONE I LOVE THIS TOO THANK YOU LOR GREAT RECIPES THERE GIRL...........minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
great cabbage recipe love it thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it