Maryland Cream Of Crab SoupFrom crabhappychick 8 years ago
- 3 T. butter shopping list
- 1 medium onion, minced shopping list
- 2 T. flour shopping list
- 2 C. clam juice shopping list
- 2 C. half and half shopping list
- 1 pound creabmeat (nice lump) shopping list
- 1/4 C. dry white wine shopping list
- 1/4 t. freshly ground white pepper (I use black - duh) shopping list
- Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- 1 t. butter shopping list
- 1 T. minced fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Melt 3 T. butter in heavy large saucepan over low heat. Add onion and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Add flour and stir 3 minutes. Whisk in clam juice. Increase heat and bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Add half & half and return to boil, stirring constantly. lReduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Set aside 1/4 of the largest crab lumps. Add remaining crab, wine, pepper, a pinch of Old Bay and salt to soup and simmer 3 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls, divide crab lumps evenly among bowls, and dust with more Old Bay. YUM!