Fresh Blueberry GateauFrom noir 7 years ago
- 1 Cup plus 1 teaspoon of all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 4 oz (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained (may substitute frozen blueberries, or substitute some of the blueberries for raspberries) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
- Confectioner's sugar (Optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9-inch spring form pan and dust with flour. Or use a 9-inch round cake pan that has been greased and dusted with flour and lined on the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine 1 cup of flour with the baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time and beat until well blended. Reduce the speed of the mixer to low and gradually add the flour mixture. Beat until smooth. Pour the batter into the baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the berries with the remaining teaspoon of flour and the lemon juice. Spoon the berry mixture over the batter.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350°F, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- ** If using a spring form pan, slide a thin knife around the edges of the cake to release it from the pan before you release and remove the spring form.
- ** If using a cake pan, slide a thin knife around the edges of the cake and invert it onto a cake rack.
- Transfer the cake to a platter, berry side up.
- Dust the cake with confectioner's sugar before serving. Great with a touch of Vanilla Ice Cream!
People Who Like This Dish 24
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating12 people
Very nice!auntybea in Vernon loved it
Noir? Is that 1 cup of flour?*wink*pink in USA loved it
Oh yes, my friend. Loving it,joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it