Low-country Shrimp BoilFrom littlesponger 8 years ago
- 16 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 cup Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- 2-3 tsp. ground red pepper shopping list
- 2 lb. cooked smoked sausage, cut in 1 1/2 chunks. shopping list
- 2 lb tiny new potatoes, halved if large shopping list
- 10 small onions, peeled (pearl onions) shopping list
- 5 fresh ears corn, shucked and halved. shopping list
- 2 lb. fresh or frozen large shrimp in shells shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, melted (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 snipped fresh herbs, such as thyme, oregano shopping list
- Cocktail sauce (optional) shopping list
- hot sauce (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot, combine water, Ol Bay seasoning, and ground pepper.
- Cover and bring to boil.
- Once water is boiling, carefully add sausage, potaotes, onions, corn.
- Return to boiling, then reduce heat and cover and simmer for 10 min.
- Add shrimp, cover and cook 2-3 mins more until shrimp turn to pink color.
- remove from heat, then let stand for 5 mins.
- Cafefully drain in a large colander.
- Combine melted butter and herbs over the shrimp and vegitables, then gently toss them.
- Serve with cocktail sauce and hot pepper sauce
The Cooklittlesponger LA CRESCENTA, CA
The Rating9 people
We had this at my sister's house and she didn't know she was allergic to shellfish!! More for us!! It is really good.jett2whit in Union City loved it
This recipe looks incredible. Just my kind of feast. High 5brianna in loved it
Yum I love the looks of this one!michellem in Idaho loved it