Classic Potato Melt CasseroleFrom sparow64 8 years ago
- 2 or 3 pinches kosher salt shopping list
- drizzle of olive oil shopping list
- 8 medium potatoes, washed, with skins on them shopping list
- 1 pound of shredded Mexican flavor cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup onion chopped shopping list
- 2 T butter shopping list
- 2 T chopped garlic shopping list
- 3 slices of bread shopping list
- 1 stick of butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon parsley shopping list
- 1 teaspoon paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Fill a large stovetop pot with cold water, a few pinches of kosher salt, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Cut potatoes into same size chunks into a bowl of cold water.
- Rinse, drain and transfer to the pot.
- Boil them until just fork tender. (They can be a little undercooked).
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place boiled potatoes in a baking dish.
- Saute onions and garlic in 2 T butter and then put over potatoes.
- Sprinkle spice over potatoes.
- Add cheese over potatoes. (Cut into small cubes if using velveeta)
- Cube the three slices of bread and place over cheese.
- Melt stick of butter and pour over everything.
- Sprinkle on more spices.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about a half hour.
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating8 people
My kind of Taters!!!!pudgy47 in Las Vegas loved it
Awesome. LOve it.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
Wugga,wugga! (an exclamation of delight, awe, drool, whatever) This "heart-healthy" dish has my heart pounding in anticipation. Sounds so yummy.Got my 5!
Bettyrecipesrule in Winnipeg loved it
Comfort Foods773 members
Anything Goes289 members
CASSEROLE COOKING113 members
Mad About Potatoes65 members
Friends In The Kitchen316 members
Cheese Lovers101 members
TRAILER PARK BRAWLERS49 members
Heat In The Kitchen316 members
Country Cooking With A Twist22 members
The Way To A Mans Heart61 members