Campanelli With Asparagus Basil And Balsamic GlazeFrom greekgirrrl 4 years ago
- 1 lb campanelli shopping list
- 3/4 c balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 5 tbs EVOO shopping list
- 1 lb asparagus, tough ends snapped off, spears halved length-wise if larger than than 1/2 inch in diameter and diagonally cut into 1 inch lengths shopping list
- 1 medium to large red onion, halved and sliced thin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flake shopping list
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 1 tbs juice from one lemon shopping list
- 2 oz pecorino romano cheese, shaved with a vegetable peeler shopping list
How to make it
- Boil pasta to al dente.
- Drain and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile bring balsamic vinegar to a boil in an 8 inch skillet over a med to high flame;reduce the heat to medium and simmer slowly until syrupy and reduced to a 1/4 cup, 15-20 minutes.
- While the vinegar is reducing, heat 2 tbs of the oil in a 12 inch nonstick skillet over high heat until it begins to smoke. Add the asparagus, onion. black pepper, red pepper flake and 1/2 tsp salt and stir to combine.
- Cook, without stirring, until the asparagus begins to brown, about 1 minute, then stir and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the asparagus is tender-crisp, about 4 minutes longer.
- Add the asparagus mixture, basil, lemon juice, 1/2 cup of the cheese, and remaining 3 tbs of oil to the pasta and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately, drizzling 1 to 2 teaspoons of the balsamic glaze over each serving and passing the cheese separately.
The Cookgreekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
The Rating10 people
oh yummmmmmm this does sound great i like balsamic vinegar and pasta ,......i loved the evoo.....hahahaha thanksminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
This sounds amazing...I am bookmarking it to make it this weekend. Thanks friend.ruskingirl in Harrison Twp loved it
not only yummy but pretty too!morninlite in Kalamazoo loved it