Lemon Slice Spool CookiesFrom caramia 7 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups allpurpose baking flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup solid vegetable shortening( part soft butter if you want) shopping list
- 2 med eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract shopping list
- 4 to 5 drops yellow food color shopping list
- lemon curd(optional) shopping list
- mint leaves(optional) shopping list
How to make it
- For this unique design,you will need a large,emty spool from thread.Remove paper from one end
- Mix flour,salt and baking powder
- Beat 1 cup of sugarand the shortening in a large bowl with electric mixer until fluffy.Beat In egg,lemon rind,lemon juice,lemon extract and 3 or 4 drops of yellow food coloring.on low speed
- gradually beat in flour mixture.Chill one hour
- Heat Oven to 400,grease babking sheets or line with parchment paper
- Stir together the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and 1 drop yellow food color until uniform.
- form dough into small balls the size of a walnut.
- roll in colored sugar.
- place about 2 ins apart on prepapred baking sheets.
- press flat witht he bottom of a glass( cookies should be about 1/4 ins thick)
- press spool about 1/2 way into each cookie center
- bake 8 min or until a light golden color
- cool on wire racks
- If desired,top with lemon curd and garnish with mint leaves
- f using large eggs you may need 2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookcaramia US.
The Rating9 people
Oh wow, these sound really good. I love lemon cookies. Great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
These sound yummie and pretty. Love the idea of using the spool for the imprint. Great post, you have my 5 also.henrie in Savannah loved it
hey there! What a great way of designing the cookies. These sound really goodjett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!