Oven-Fried Zucchini in a Crunchy Parmesan CrustFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin 0live oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup fine dried bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated imported parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled shopping list
- 2 to 3 dashed cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 4 small green or golden zucchini squash shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a heavy baking sheet with the oil and set aside.
- In a shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, rosemary, cayenne, salt and pepper, and mix well. In a second shallow dish, lightly beat the egg.
- Trim the ends of the squash. Cut each squash in half lengthwise. Lay the halves flat and cut in half lengthwise again. Then cut the strips in half crosswise. Dredge each piece first in the egg and then in the Parmesan mixture, coating evenly. Arrange well spaced in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 5 to 7 minutes, then turn the squash over and bake 5 to 7 minutes longer, or until crisp and lightly browned. Serve hot or at room temperature.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating11 people
These were even better than I expected!!! So much flavor! I wanna give it a go with fresh rosemary just to try it as I have a ton in the garden! I didn't even get around to flipping them and they were still crunchy all over. I make my own bread c...moremommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
Wow---this sounds really good!!! :) TY :) I usually only fix zucchini w/diced tomatoes and melted mozzarella on top. This will be a nice change :)
~Melbakermel in Topeka loved it
Fantastic! I wish I had some right now. Thanks so much...lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!