Baklava cheesecakeFrom ahmed1 5 years ago
- Syrup: shopping list
- 2 ½ cups sugar shopping list
- 1 ½ cups water shopping list
- ½ tsp lemon juice shopping list
- Crust: shopping list
- 5 phyllo pastry sheets shopping list
- 2 tbsp melted butter shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 2 (8 oz packs) cream cheese, softened shopping list
- ½ cup castor sugar shopping list
- 1 ¾ cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 tbsp powder sugar shopping list
- 2 cups nuts baklavas, chopped (see recipe below) shopping list
- nuts Baklavas: (can be made a day ahead) shopping list
- 10 phyllo pastry sheets shopping list
- 1/3 cup melted butter shopping list
- ½ cup mixed walnuts, pistachios, hazelnuts…chopped shopping list
- 1 tbsp butter, softened shopping list
- 1 tbsp castor sugar shopping list
- ½ tbsp cinnamon shopping list
- Decoration: shopping list
- 1 phyllo sheet shopping list
- 1 tbsp melted butter shopping list
- 3 tbsp pistachios shopping list
How to make it
- Make the syrup:
- Heat sugar and water over low heat stirring until sugar dissolves . Add the lemon juice and increase the heat. Let boil for 3-4 minutes. Cool completely.
- Grease a 20cm tart pan with butter and preheat oven to 375F.
- Place one phyllo sheet in the bottom of the tart pan and brush lightly with butter. Repeat with the 4 remaining sheets. Trim edges with scissors and cut with a sharp knife into wedges and bake for 20minutes or until golden brown. Drizzle 4 tbsp of the cold syrup over and let cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy, add sugar and beat again. In a clean bowl, whip heavy cream with 2 tbsp powder sugar until soft peaks. Fold whipped cream into the cheese mixture and then fold in the chopped nuts baklavas. Pour over the prepared crust and smooth top.
- Nuts baklavas:
- Grease a 26cm baking pan with butter and preheat oven to 380F.
- Place one phyllo sheet in the baking pan and brush with butter. Repeat with another 4 sheets. Combine nuts mixture with butter, sugar and cinnamon and spread over the phyllo sheets in the pan . Cover with the rest of the phyllo sheets in the same way. Using a sharp knife, cut into squares and bake for 30 -35 minutes until golden brown. Pour cold syrup over hot baked baklavas and let cool completely. Chop and use as indicated in the above recipe.
- Cut 1 phyllo sheet into small triangles , brush with butter and bake for 10 minutes until golden brown. Let cool and use to decorate over the smoothed filling. Sprinkle with pistachios and chill for 4-5 hours.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating25 people
Only Ahmed the Master could combine my two favorite desserts into one!! BRAVO!!! And good morning!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
This is great! I make my own baklava and I love it, plus I love cheese cake so this is a perfect recipe. a 5 from me!
Thanks (Shokran) Ahmed!
P.S. I don't think the recipe is too long at all.tippystclair in North Hollywood loved it
Ahmed, I have made something very similar! Excellent decadent rich recipemidgelet in Eastern loved it