Vegetarian Red Lentil Soup with Gimme Lean SausageFrom trigger 6 years ago
- 1 package of Gimme Lean sausage rolled into ¾ inch balls. shopping list
- 10 carrots pealed and sliced into half-inch rounds. shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper chopped into ½ inch dice. shopping list
- 1 large onion rough chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic smashed and pealed then minced. shopping list
- 1/ cup of South river Azuki bean Miso shopping list
- 8 cups of mushroom stock shopping list
- 6 oz of red lentils rinsed. shopping list
- A pinch of red hot pepper flakes. shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil to sate vegetables shopping list
- 1/4 cup of olive oil for sautéing sausage shopping list
- 1 cup of toasted wheat germ to coat sausage. shopping list
How to make it
- Coat the sausage with the toasted wheat germ.
- In a frying pan, cook the sausage in the olive oil on medium heat until completely browned, about tem minutes set aside.
- Next in a large pot add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the carrots , the Green peppers and the Onions sate for ten minutes until onion are soft.
- Add the garlic and the mushroom broth.
- Add the Miso the red hot pepper flake
- Bring to a boil, and add the red lentils and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the nutritional yeast.
- Serve by adding six of the sausage to a bowl and ladle the broth over them.
- * These sausage do not need to cook in the broth if you do they loose some of their flavor and texture.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating7 people
MICHAEL I absolutely love this one !!!!!! i love all the ingredients and i love soups......yeahhhhh a winner ............thank you so muchminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
very nice Michael;the ingredients are super and you have my 5. JMmystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
This is one beautiful bowl of soup, Michael - and it just seems loaded with flavor and healthiness. I love miso and always have the medium and dark varieties on hand. I'll be trying this out soon. Great post, my friend - thanks! ~Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members
Vegetarian 4 Carnivores46 members
To Your Health74 members
Chinese Food136 members
Checkin Central283 members
I Love SOUP97 members
Consume Those Beans78 members
YOUNG AT HEART49 members
The Unbroken Circle 335 members
Organic Gardening 101220 members