Cream of Garlic SoupFrom minitindel 7 years ago
- 4 - ounces garlic peeled shopping list
- 3 - tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 - 1/2 cups chicken stock OR canned broth / and or vegetable broth!!! shopping list
- 1 - cup dry white wine shopping list
- 2 -1/2 cups milk (do not use low fat or no fat) shopping list
- 1 - cup whipping cream shopping list
- 4 - ounces russet potatoes -- peeled, chopped....... shopping list
How to make it
- Blend garlic in processor to coarse paste, stopping occasionally to scrap down sides of bowl.
- Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over low heat.
- Add garlic paste and cook until just beginning to color, stirring frequently, about 12 minutes.
- Add stock and wine and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add milk, cream and potato and simmer 30 minutes.
- Puree soup in blender in batches .
- Return to saucepan and bring to simmer.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bring to simmer before continuing.. If soup is very thin, simmer until thickened to desired consistency.
- Ladle into bowls and serve -
- serves 6
People Who Like This Dish 4
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating9 people
oh yes! Love it!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Bring on the garlic Sherry. I love this potato soup with the extra garlic.
Andrea Bocceli told me to give you his fivetrigger in loved it
I will love this.. won't be able to go around people .. but.. Oh so good! Thanks!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!