Chicken And Mushrooms In Dijon Cream Sauce-ciFrom keni 8 years ago
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 8oz fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 2 shallots, diced shopping list
- 4T butter, divided shopping list
- 1 cup half and half shopping list
- 1T fresh dill(or a couple tsp dried) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1T Dijon mustard shopping list
- juice from half a lemon shopping list
- 1-2T cornstarch slurry(1-2T cornstarch in 1/4 cup cold water) shopping list
How to make it
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Saute chicken in 2T butter over medium heat until tender.(approx 4 min/side)
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Add remaining butter, if needed, mushrooms and shallots and saute about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add cornstarch slurry, half and half, and mustard and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and dill.
- *Place chicken breast over bed of pasta or rice and top with sauce*
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating10 people
Delicious. I would like these served on toasted and buttered English muffins.auntybea in Vernon loved it
I need a picture!! (Waahhhh) Sounds really good, I think I might make this with cubed chicken breasts (the hubby likes his that way - lazy or what?) browned and added with the sauce and pasta. YUMMMMYjustjakesmom in Everett loved it
I made this 2 nights ago like I said above and it was delicious. I have to admit (sorry, Keni)that I added a little taragon also. Served over rice. I will post a pic of my version in the step by step photos. Thanks Keni ;')justjakesmom in Everett loved it