Blackberry DumplingsFrom pointsevenout 5 years ago
How to make it
- Put blackberries in dutch oven with small amount of water. Add sugar and butter; cover and boil 2 minutes. Strain the berries and discard (if desired). Return blackberry juice to kettle, bring to boil and reduce to a simmer. I leave the berries in the mix.
- Cut butter into biscuit mix to form small lumps. Mix, adding just enough milk to make the dough come together in a ball in your hand that will not crumble. Turn out on floured surface, knead until not sticky. Roll out thin and cut into squares or diamonds. Drop into boiling juice a couple dumplings at a time and stir to coat. It will keep the dumplings from sticking together. Reduce heat and cook slowly uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Thicken juice with a flour-water paste if you put a little too much water in the blackberries; use the flour from the work surface, sifted from lumps; cook 3 minutes longer.
People Who Like This Dish 11
- weezy1c Summerville, SC
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- lilliancooks Long Island, NY
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- linebb956 La Feria, TX
- mystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
- sunny Portland, OR
- munchkin_tm Trenton, NE
- choclytcandy IN
- jolielives The Catskill Plateau , NY
- Plus 1 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookpointsevenout Athens, AL
The Rating8 people
I was just getting ready to look for a blackberry recipe and yours came up in my friend's list. I am so glad we are cooking friends as this sounds perfect!tnjazmyn in Manchester loved it
I'm not sure if I like the crust or dumplings better - either way this is a 5 forks recipe. = )sunny in Portland loved it
I just bought the berries this morning so I will make right now because I can't wait to eat 'em up.
give your mamma a kiss for me...you are very good to her!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it