Chinese Restaurant-style Sauteed Green BeansFrom pleclare 5 years ago
How to make it
- Combine soy sauce,honey and 1Tbs water in a small dish and set near the stove. Set a shallow serving dish near the stove too.
- In a 10" straight sided saute pan,heat the butter with the olive oil over med-high heat. When the butter is melted,add the green beans and 1/2tsp salt and toss with tongs to coat well Cook,turning the beans occasionally,until most are well browned,shrunken,and tender,7-8 mins.( The butter in the pan will have turned dark brown.
- Reduce heat to low,add the garlic,and cook ,stirring constantly with a heatproof rubber spatula,until the garlic is softened and fragrant,15-20 seconds. Carefully add the the soy mixture(you'll need to scrape the honey into the pan0. Cook,stirring,until the liquid reduces to a glazey consistency that coats the beans,30-45 secs.
- Immediately transfer the beans to a serving dish,scraping the pan with a spatula to get all the garlicky sauce. Let sit for a few minutes and serve warm.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating15 people
YUM! I grow both haricots vert and Chinese long beans in my garden. Can't wait to make these!crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
I love saute green beans. Your recipe sounds delicious!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
This is a KEEPER! Can't wait to try this one! Thanks!txbackyardcook in FORT WORTH loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!