Peachy Morning CoffeecakeFrom krumkake 8 years ago
- Coffeecake: shopping list
- ¾ cup white sugar shopping list
- ½ cup brown sugar shopping list
- ½ cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- ½ teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- ½ teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 cups peeled, sliced fresh peaches, tossed in a little flour (about 2 tablespoons) to coat them just a bit shopping list
- NOTE: canned peaches tend to make this a bit too mushy - fresh will give you the best texture results shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- ¼ cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 4 tablespoons cold butter shopping list
- ¼ cup chopped pecans (or chopped almonds taste nice in this, too) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, cream together both sugars and the butter.
- Beat in sour cream, extracts, and eggs.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Spread ½ the batter into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Layer with peaches, and top with remaining ½ of batter.
- Prepare the topping by mixing the flour, sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl; cut in cold butter until the mixture becomes crumbly, then stir in chopped pecans.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over the batter.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating6 people
I have peaches that were waiting for this recipe!
Thanks, Sweetie...awesome as usual!pat2me in Nashua loved it
Oh my! I can't wait until I get some fresh peaches. I love breakfast cakes too! Hope all is well over there with you.jett2whit in Union City loved it
Peaches and nectarines are already in our grocery stores. I'm printing this recipe out and may make it this coming weekend for my family.borinda in SoCal loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!